Homes are like a comfort sanctuary for all homo sapiens. ‘Home is where comfort is’ is the new slogan now. This is the reason most homeowners aim to get the best comfort of the world inculcated into their homes. One of all such comfort installations is the hardwood floor. This type of flooring ensures that your floor feels soft and cosy to your feet.
Unlike the stone flooring, hardwood floors are smooth and soft to touch and do not become too cold or too hot during winters or summers as they are not directly in contact with the floor. More and more homeowners are turning to hardwood floors for their homes. Many prefer hardwood floors even more than carpets. There are several reasons for this.
Some prefer the looks offered by the hardwood floors while others like the way these floors are easy to maintain and are cleaner than a carpet. But, as these floors are not as well-established in the market as the rest of its counterparts, many benefits of hardwood floors are unknown to most of the homeowners. As these floors are highly preferred by house contractors and designers, here is a list of all the reasons why.
- Versatile: Hardwood floors have a characteristic to blend in with any style and theme. The best benefit of this type of flooring is that you can keep changing your style over years without having to replace the flooring as these hardwood boards can perfectly suit any furniture style. Its versatility is what makes it a go-to flooring choice.
- Durable: Hardwood boards are highly durable and strong. It has extremely low chances to get chipped, dented, or scratched. Cracking or breaking is near to impossible. Even though it takes a lot to get it scratched, it takes very less to get rid of that scratch through spot cleaning. This way, you get a flooring that can last decades.
- Excellent acoustics: Hardwood floors increase the acoustics of the room. They absorb the hollow sounds or vibrations that sometimes occur within the room. This quality is the prominent reason why many dance and music studios as well as other such businesses choose wood flooring over other types of flooring. It can be a great choice for you home theatre or the room that houses a sound system.
- Low maintenance: This flooring type requires low maintenance. All you need is a weekly sweep with a broom and occasional dry mopping and vacuuming that removes all the dust. A need of thorough cleaning is necessary only once or twice a year. Even with such low cleaning requirements, you never have to worry about your floor harbouring any allergens or any such environmental hazards.
- Excellent aesthetic appeal: With hardwood floors, you get you home to look pleasing as well as warm. The secret behind this is that the house looks more spacious due to hardwood flooring. You make your guests feel welcome and comfortable with just the aesthetic appeal that this flooring has to offer.
- Better air quality: As hardwood floors have no slits and gaps that can trap dust within, these floors give a better air quality devoid of pollen, animal dander, and allergens. It is the best choice for people who lack immunity from dust allergies. These floors do not have fibres like carpet that can cause breathing problems and an absence of any kind of embossing helps to avoid dust particles.
With all these qualities of hardwood floors, it has been undeniably established that they are your best choice for an enhanced comfort living and an elegant look of the house interiors. You can pick your favourite from the variety of shades and patterns of hardwood flooring available.