Ringing in the ear or Tinnitus is mostly knows but in Ayurveda it is known as Karnanada. If we are talking about Ayurveda then it is not a disease it is just a prana vayu problem. Which is present in head region. It control the cerebral function. So when pran vayu disturbed due to over stress then this type of problem happening. Symptoms of Tinnitus are wax in the ear, infection in the ear,sound variation i.e low to high pitch.
Causes of Tinnitus according to the Ayurveda
- Lack of sufficient sleep: you should sleep 6 to 7 hours. So that you feel fresh.
- Increase of ear wax: Extra wax in the ear cause a problem of Tinnitus. So you should clean it.
- Cardiovascular Disease: It is due to improper blood circulation in veins or in arteries.
- Due to infection: If there infection in the ear then it cause a tinnitus.
- Due to loud noise: loud sound or music is harmful for the ear.
- By medication: some medication can cause a tinnitus.
Best Ayurveda therapies for Tinnitus
- Eat three times food which provide energy as well as immunity power. Always take warm food not too much hot. Don’t eat spicy food or outsider food. For spices use cloves, cumin, ginger.
- Always go to bed before 10PM and wake up in the morning at 5AM.
- Always do meditation for 10-15 minutes.
- Do Exercise for half an hour daily morning as well as evening.
- Always do oil massage before taking bath.
- Garlic oil for ear drop. Apply two drops daily before going on bed.
Change the way of living for Tinnitus
- To increase blood circulation massage daily by oil or by applying soap all over the body. By massage the flow of blood will be continuously.
- Always do hair oil massage.
- Apply sesame oil all over the body and take hot bath daily in the morning and same process do at night time before going on bed to sleep.
- Always take deep breath because by taking deep breath it purify the blood.
- Avoid too much loud noises or high frequency volume. Always keep the volume of music or speaker at medium volume.
- Avoid excess use of computer or watching TV.
There are two types Tinnitus. They are:
- Subjective Tinnitus: Only patients can hear.
- Objective Tinnitus: In this both you and doctor will listen mainly it is due to ear bone problems.
Treatment for Tinnitus according to Ayurveda
- Ghrita pana: Take cow ghee daily 1 or 2 Teaspoon. It provides the strength to the nerves.
- Rasayana: It is an Anti aging therapies. It is a herbs for high nutrition. Mostly it is use in elder.
- Snehana: It is mainly oil massage around the ear to gives strengthens to the muscles and nerves.
- Shamana oushadha. It is a medicine which gives relief related to tinnitus problem.
Home remedies for Tinnitus
- Bayberry bark leaves and flower purify the blood and remove the infection in the ear.
- Eat fresh pineapple to reduce the swelling.
- Include in your food more use of garlic and fresh sea vegetable.
- When the ears ring mix 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of glycerine and 1 teaspoon of water.mix properly. Keep in spray bottle. And spray in nostril so that it will come back in the mouth. Repeat this process daily 2 or 3 times.