Digital marketing is a broad concept and one of the most in-demand professions in today’s time. The need for digital marketing is booming with more and more digitalization of businesses. As such, digital marketing jobs are in great demand, not only in India but also globally. Brand promotion, marketing, selling, profits which are essential requirements for any business to be successful is possible through digital marketing nowadays. Gone are the days of traditional marketing techniques. Digital media is today the fastest mode of marketing. Thus, the importance of digital marketing is growing. Professionals with digital marketing skills are in demand by major companies, big and small, including start-ups. One of the basic advantages of being in digital marketing jobs is that these jobs have multiple career choices for a prospective career.
Increased use of digital marketing in businesses
More and more companies are using digital marketing, which no doubt opens up more and more digital marketing jobs. There are many reasons for this:
- More than half of population in India use the Internet. In fact, India has surpassed USA and has become the second largest country in the number of internet users after China.
- The increase in Internet users is obviously linked with the increase in the number of mobile phone users globally, including India. Today, most mobile phones are smartphones, which give an easy connectivity to businesses anytime and anywhere by customers.
- With digital marketing, more and more personalized and customized methods can be applied to target the right customers. With analytics, it is possible to target prospective customers’ specific demographics & details, which is not possible in traditional marketing strategies.
- Digital marketing strategies are adopted in most companies, especially the small and medium scale companies because of its low cost and high return on investment.
Digital Marketing Jobs’ Specializations
A fresher can start his or her career in any of the given specializations of Digital Marketing. According to your expertise, you can apply for jobs. Either you can be expert in one or two or all of the following. A certification course on any or all of the following can help you get digital marketing jobs. However, to get a high-profile role in digital marketing, it is always advisable to know and keep yourself updated with all types of digital marketing and latest trends. The various types of digital marketing jobs involve around the following specializations:
- Search engine optimization
- Social media optimization
- Paid search
- Email marketing
- Content writing & marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Conversion rate optimization
- Web analytics
- Google AdSense
Scope of Digital Marketing Jobs in India
The opportunities for a Digital Marketing professional is huge in the country right now. As far as digital marketing jobs are concerned, reports say that almost all the business and services in the country are going to turn completely digital by 2020. With Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s emphasis on Digitalization, there has been a great requirement of digital marketers, who are well-versed and certified people. It was reported that in 2018, more than 1.5 lakh jobs were created in digital marketing in India. This included diverse types of jobs profiles in online marketing space such as follows.
- Digital marketing executive
- SEO Executive
- Link Builder
- Social media executive
- Google Ads specialist
- Email marketer
- Web Analyst
- Content writer
- Content marketing executive
While the above profiles are for Freshers or at the junior level, with experience, the senior profiles can be applied for in digital marketing jobs. These include:
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital marketing head
- Social media manager
- Paid advertising manager
- Digital branding head
Some more specialized profiles in digital marketing jobs
Experts say that in the future, the scope of a digital marketing career will be all the more huge. More and more specialized job roles will be available. In addition to the above, some other advanced digital marketing jobs to watch in 2019 and in the future include the following specializations:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Voice search or Voice assistance
- Voice shopping
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Customer-centric marketing in connection with Data/Insights
- Personalized Searches
- Customized Personalized Content etc.