Are you a teacher? Does it take you days or weeks to manually evaluate the grade of your students?
Are you a trainer? Does it cost you high to travel or do you have problems in administration and scheduling associated with corporate training?
Here you can find the best solution to these problems. It’s the Learning Management System (LMS).
- LMS is a software application that allows instructors to create, manage and deliver online courses to their students.
- They can also access the detailed reports & statistics to track the progress of the students.
Before we talk about cloud-based LMS, we need to be familiar with a number of other terms used in LMS.
- Classroom-based training.
- Instructor-led training.
- Massive open online course.
- Online learning.
- Technology – enabled learning.
- Web-based learning.
- Virtual ILT.
These all are the other terms that come across LMS. Each type of learning has got its own specifications and functions. Each of this type is selected according to convenience.
- Cloud-based LMS is an online learning system or e-learning which is available in the cloud.
- The resources of the learning system are stored in a virtual environment.
- The resources can be accessed from various forms of web-enabled devices according to the circumstances.
Advantages of using Cloud-Based LMS
As mentioned earlier there are many different types of learning each with its own advantages.
- It’s cost-effective.
- Cloud-based LMS has low carbon
A carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gases produced to support human activities. It is usually expressed in equivalent tons of carbon dioxide.
- Cloud-based LMS is curate.
- Has a variety of learning modalities.
- Its embedded into daily workflow.
- Cloud-based LMS is enterprise scalable.
- It is aligned to business objectives.
- Cloud-based LMS is automatically maintained.
These are some of the advantages of using cloud-based LMS. The resources are available from anywhere and can be accessed from any web-enabled device. The user need not have to carry any resources which make it easy travel.
The instructor can address and evaluate a number of students without physically moving from place to place; even work of the student or learner becomes easier.
By using LMS, the teacher can evaluate the grade of a number of students without manually correcting each paper. Using cloud-based learning management system makes the task of learning and teaching much simpler.