Germany has become the desired destination for the students to study undergraduate and postgraduate courses abroad. The country is known for promoting good quality of education for its students. When you think of Germany, you are immediately taken to the world of safe roads, best cars and the latest technological innovations. Engineering is an interesting study program which is heavily demanded at the job market. The major programs covered under this subject are- Electrical Engineering, Computer sciences, engine building, industrial engineering and architecture. If you are planning to study engineering in Germany, go for the reasons mentioned below. Below we are going to give you some good reasons to study engineering in Germany.
- Lower Tuition Fee– The tuition fee of German universities is quite low or none at all. Earlier German higher education was free of charge, but now they have started to charge a very low tuition fee which is extremely competitive than the international education market. Not just this, the scholarship is another alluring option to save some money for the international applicants.
- Numerous Career Opportunities– Germany is known as the powerhouse of Europe. It offers tremendous career opportunities to the engineering students. It is seen that the top German companies recruit candidates from the leading universities. Since engineering is highly in demand, therefore, by taking up an engineering course in German, you can expect to be recruited by the top German companies.
- Lower cost of living– The cost of living in Germany is quite lower as compared to other other countries in Europe. Depending on the type of visa you have, you can work for up to three months a year. Moreover, the major tourist attractions, transport and businesses are also offered to students at reduced rates.
- High standard of living- Various cities in Germany such as Munich, Berlin and Hamburg are ranked among the most liveable cities in the world. Germany is located in the heart of Europe and you can expect to get the highest standard of living in Germany.
- Cutting-edge technology- Germany has always been at the forefront of cutting-edge technology. German universities work closely with top research centres and universities to provide their students with extreme exposure and knowledge. These opportunities would help students gain the skills they can use in real life scenarios.
How to Apply for Engineering in a German University?
If you have made your mind to study engineering in a top-notch German university, go for the tips mentioned below that would help you apply for Engineering degree in a German college or university.
- Choose a University– The first and foremost step is to choose the right university. For this, you may require performing extensive research work. Choose a university that best suits your interest and qualification. Consider the rankings of the top German universities while making your decision.
- Check the admission requirements– It is extremely important to check the admission requirements before you apply in any college or university. Check if you fulfill all the requirements as set by the universities. If your first language is not English, you may need to prove your English language proficiency skills through IELTS or TOEFL.
- Check your finances- In order to fulfill your student visa requirements for Germany, you need to show that have a good bank balance that will cover your living expenditures in Germany. Though living costs will depend on the location and your style of living, but you need to maintain several hundred or thousand dollars depending on your living standards.
These tips would help you apply in your favorite German college or university as per your needs.
You would also need to know the German grade scale equivalent for your academic score. This conversion may include working with tedious formulas. But with the help of German Grade Calculator, you can make the process much easy and effective. German Grade Calculator is a simple and easy to use tool. In Germany, Bavarian formula grading practice is followed. On the other hand, in India, 10 point scale known as CGPA or plain percentages is followed.
With the information presented above, it can be said that pursuing engineering in Germany is surely a great option due to a number of reasons. The German colleges and universities are known all over the world for providing students excellent career opportunities.