VLSI or very-large-scale integration is known to be the process of creating an integrated circuit (IC) with thousands of transistors combined in a single chip. A VLSI chip in today’s modern times is complex with billions of transistors. These complicated and complex VLSI chips are designed by engineers with the help of computer-aided design tools. Designing a VLSI chip is not an easy process as it involves a lot of steps involving; timing analysis, placement, testing, and verification. VLSI design field has become quite popular and has proved to be happening filed of electronics.
Advantages of VLSI
VLSI technology has a number of advantages like:
- It reduces the size of the circuits.
- It helps in reducing the cost of the devices.
- It helps in increasing the operating speed of the circuits.
- Highly reliable
- Occupies a small area
Designing of the VLSI Integrated circuit
The VLSI IC basically consists of two parts; there is the front end design that includes the HDLs such as Verilog and SystemVerilog. It also includes system verification and other types of verification technique. Then there is the back end design that consists of the whole characterization and the CMOS library design. The entire VLSI design process is a step by step one.
A career in VLSI design
There are a number of VLSI training institutes, the best ones being in Bangalore. The vlsi project institutes in bangalore are quite popular; there are other institutes also in different parts of the country that claims to provide 100% placement but Bangalore has the best ones. There are certain things that one should look for in a training institute while choosing one for VLS.
- The qualification of the trainers- There are a lot of institutes that have trainers who are good teachers but not all of them know about the proper working of the industry. So look for training institutes that have trainers who know their work, for which one can check their profiles and do some research.
- Placement record- A number of institutes today claim to provide 100 percent placement but this is not possible. Even an institute like NIT cannot provide 100 percent placement, so look for institutes that provide different opportunities and have a decent placement record.
- Practical knowledge- In the competitive world, it is the practical knowledge that helps. So look for an institute that provides practical knowledge and provides assistance whenever required.
Except for this, another thing to consider is that what you would do in the future? In case you want to work in the VLSI industry, then you really need to be good at your job because there are a few jobs in the VLSI sector which are only for the best ones.
To build a career in VLSI design one needs to enrol in a good institute keeping in mind the following points. There are quite a lot of options for vlsi coaching in bangalore, so do a proper research and study before making a choice.