There are so many people out there, who are trying to lose some weight and following some diet plans. For them, the idea of including snack in the list is just out of question. Snacks primarily have a bad reputation of just being way too high in sugar, calories, fat or even in salt content. Well, it will be easier for you to know that not all snacks are unhealthy in nature. If you can plan it property, most of the snacks are quite beneficial for your diet plan. They can easily add that extra dose of nutrition, and provide you with a boost of energy. It can further keep your hunger and appetite in proper check throughout day. It is mandatory for you to use snacks wisely throughout the day for helping in supporting your current weight loss.
Similarly, if you are planning to add snacks to the office routine, you better watch out for the ones helping you with the weight loss routine. For the office snack service, avoid all the unhealthy and oily junk food, and replace the same with some healthy options for sure. If you want to know how to achieve that result, then some points might help you big time on that for sure.
Make sure to keep the calories in check:
One of the major mistakes of all time that people make when snacking on weight loss plan or a diet is letting total calories get way over the top and missing the point. It can easily lead to weight gain even before you know it. So, you better keep the calorie count on check to not go over the line.
- It is always mandatory to keep the snacks to around 150 calories or even less per snack. This calorie level can always allow snacks to just fit seamlessly into the calorie restricted diet plan for sure.
- Just to be sure that you are sticking to the 150 calories or less count, make sure to measure portions of food and then keep track of calorie content. Estimating the portions or calories might leave you open for room full of mistakes.
- Even when you want to keep calories restricted for the snacks, around 150 calories will offer you with enough room to add various nutrients to help keeping the hunger under control.
Add that lean protein to the list:
Adding that bit of lean protein in the list needs to be that number one priority whenever you are trying to choose snack while trying to lose weight.
- Protein happens to be that important nutrient designed for weight loss. When you plan to include that in the snack, this lean protein will always help you to keep more satisfied when compared to fat or carbohydrates.
- It is mandatory for you to just aim for the leaner protein sources for covering the snack time. These forms of proteins will have lesser fat and calorie, and will be the perfect options when calorie intake has been restricted by pros.
- Make sure to choose for the lean protein foods like low sodium jerky, hardboiled egg, cottage cheese cup, low fat yogurt, low sodium based deli meat, low fat based cheese stick or roasted nuts.
- If you want, you can always get hold of a trial mix, low fay yogurt mixture with some cinnamon, deli meat with some cheese roll ups, 3 oz of jerky and some more. the choice is yours and completely depends on your taste palette now.
Your office snack must have a vegetable or fruit within:
A snack is that perfect place to get added serving of vegetable or fruit. Moreover, these food items are always low in calories and can always add bulk to snacks without just pushing over calorie limit.
- Most of the time, vegetables and fruits will offer that added benefit of just being quite high in fiber. Just like protein, fiber can always keep you satisfied for a longer time throughout day.
- If you can pair your lean protein with a vegetable or protein, then you will end up with satisfying and nutritious snack in the end.
- If you want, you can always try Greek yogurt with the fruit, or even low fat cheese stick with that of a pear or apple. There are some other perfect food combos like dried fruits and roasted nuts, baby carrots teamed up with hummus, waffle of whole grain with sliced banana and peanut butter, to name a few.
Office snacks should have complex carbs and more:
You can always try going for the complex carbs in place of the refined carbohydrates. There are so many typical snack foods available, which are quite high in the refined carbs just like white sugar or white flour. If you want, you can always switch to some of the higher fiber based whole grains for complex and more satisfying carbohydrate source.
- 100% of the whole grain proves to be quite high in protein, fiber and some of the other nutrients when compared to some refined grains. You can always go for the whole grain when you want or can.
- Some of the whole grain examples to be included in the list are corn, whole grain oats, whole wheat wraps or tortillas and even whole wheat quinoa or bread.
- If you want, you can always add whole grains into snacks such as wheat pita chips with carrots and hummus, whole grain toast with sliced tomatoes and avocados. Then you have air popped popcorn, smaller oatmeal bowl with fruit, or even the yogurt with the fruit and some granola sprinkled on top.
Head for the perfect snack for office:
These office snacks are perfect for your use. You can always get these products right from your place first thing in the morning, and avoid spending money on junk burgers from the road. There are so many other alternatives available to watch out for. Make sure to log online for that now.