The white or black colour marks commonly known as stretch marks usually visible on the abdomen, upper arms, breasts or buttocks are a matter to bother both men and women. This stretch mark is the result of sudden changes in the body weight, whether it may due to increase or decrease in the body weight.
Therefore, the stretch marks are usually observed among the women after pregnancy, or in teenagers who go through the time of growth because of the hormonal changes associated with adolescence period. It is difficult to wipe out these stretch marks completely; however, this article will provide some home remedies to reduce them. Here are some ways to remove stretch marks during pregnancy.
The acidic and bleaching properties of lemon juice help to lighten the stretch marks. It is one of the most effective remedies to remove the stretch marks.
- Cut a lemon and squeeze out the fresh juice.
- Rub lemon juice gently onto the affected area of skin.
- Keep around 10 minutes and then rinse off with mild hot water.
- Repeat three or four times each day to get better results.
Vegetable Oil Massage
Traditionally, we use vegetable oils such as coconut oil, olive oil or castor oil to massage the body before taking bath. It will help to keep the skin moisturized and soft. This vegetable oil massage is also good for eliminating the stretch marks.
- Warm a little olive oil and massage deeply with it on the affected skin before going to bed.
- Rinse off the oil with a little hot water in the next morning.
You can also try the mixture of olive oil and coconut oil. If you are using castor oil, just rub slightly mild hot castor oil directly onto the affected area and then cover with a cloth dipped in hot water around the rubbed area.
The white portion of the egg is rich in vitamins and protein. It is useful to lighten the stretch marks.
- Take the whites from two eggs and apply it as a thick layer onto the affected area.
- Wash it out with water when it gets totally dried.
- Then moisture the area with olive oil or coconut oil.
Aloe Vera Gel
Stretch mark will appear when the skin lost its natural elasticity. Aloe Vera helps to regain the lost elasticity of the skin by healing the small tears in the skin layers. Therefore Aloe Vera is one of the perfect solutions to regain the lost elasticity.
- Take a leaf from the plant and peel the outermost skin and press out the gel.
- Massage with it onto the affected skin area and then you can find the stretch marks gradually become lighter.
Stay with us to know more beauty tips and beauty tricks.