In India, mostly every aspirant prepares for competitive exams to shine their career and change their lifestyle. Every aspirant prepares vigorously to get selected for colleges and jobs. MBA is one of those kinds, which is considered as one of the toughest exams around the globe. Each year, lakhs of aspirants apply for various entrance exams, but only proficient students crack the exams. CAT is known as the father of all MBA entrance exams. This exam is the most challenging one than any other entrance exams.
What is CAT (common admission test) exam?
In simpler words, the CAT exam is conducted by IIMCAT once in a year. Aspirants can pursue management courses from almost every business schools (including IIMs). CAT registration dates or any official notification is not yet announced from officials. Last year the CAT exam was conducted by IIM Calcutta. The conducting IIM of CAT 2019 exam is not yet revealed. Aspirants have started preparing for this year CAT exam; it’s likely to be held at the end of this year. The exam dates will be announced in July or August 2019.
A quick overview of the CAT 2019 exam pattern
CAT exam pattern is expected to be similar like the previous year. This test is conducted in online mode, like other entrance exams.
Overview of exam pattern Analytical data
Exam timings First session: 9 am to 12 pm
Second session: 2 pm to 5 pm
Time limit for per section 60 minutes
Total number of sections Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VA and RA)
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI and LR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Question type MCQs and TITA
Total marks in the exam 300 marks (100 marks per section)
(The above-mentioned data is based on previous years question papers)
A brief overview of CAT 2019 exam syllabus
CAT syllabus 2019 is not yet announced by any officials. The curriculum of CAT 2019 exam will comprise of Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), Quantitative Aptitude (QA), and Reading Comprehension (RC). These three concepts are familiar in other MBA entrance exams. There are essential topics of each section which is important for every candidate.
Total sections Crucial topics
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) Antonyms, Contextual usage, Different usage of same word, Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Foreign language words, Analogies, Idioms, Jumbled paragraphs, Synonyms of same word, Para Completion, Sentence correction, Jumbled paragraphs, Substitution of one word, Verbal Logic, Syllogisms, Verbal Reasoning, Reading Comprehension,
Quantitative Aptitude (QA) Algebra, Distance-Time-Speed, Geometric Progression, HCF and LCM, Averages, Indices and Surds, Logarithms, Partnership, Mensuration, Number system, Profit and Loss, Quadratic and linear equations, Inequalities, Ratios and Proportion, Trigonometry, Time and Work,
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Assumptions, Clocks and Calendars, Data Structures, Seating Arrangement, Data Sufficiency, Caselets, Bars, Direction Sense, Proposition, Family Tree, Venn Diagram, Binary Logic, Puzzles, Line Graphs, Tables, Pie Charts, Syllogism.
Strategies to crack the CAT 2019 exam
The excellent way to crack the CAT 2019 exam that candidates should prepare their own exam strategy.
Essential tips to ace the CAT 2019 exam:
- Candidates should gather all the resources and important books during the preparation months.
- Candidates should understand one topic at a particular time. Reading many topics at same time will ruin the candidate’s exam preparation. Candidates should complete an easy topic before rather than difficult topics.
- Candidates should refer different books of entrance exam and solve sample questions before appearing for the exam.
- Newspaper and magazines are the best sources to improve your vocabulary skills, so candidates should gather information from such sources.
- Candidates should keep a track of their preparation and should analyse it daily during preparation sessions.
- Online mock tests are also available months before the exam, by which candidates can understand the type of questions including tricky problems too. Candidates are mentally prepared to appear for the exam without any interruption.
- Learning shortcuts for difficult problems which will help candidates to improve accuracy and speed for the CAT exam.
- The secret to crack this exam that during final days, candidates should prepare well for the topics which they have learnt appropriately. Learning new topics in last months before the exam which will consume more time and efforts.