Pad Thai is an authentic rice noodle dish from Thailand. Pad Thai Spring Rolls can also be made as a variation of this dish. There are several ways to make Pad Thai and below is only one of our favorites!
There is no denying the fact that, Thai food is rejoiced by people across the globe. Thai is also known to be not only delicious but healthy.
Pad Thai Spring rolls are really simple and the ingredients are easily available in most super markets. Whatever the prep time you will see they are well worth it. If you prefer spicier foods you can also add additional chilies to your dish as well as more ground pepper than what the recipe calls for. Adding your favorite spicy sauce like Sriracha can also be quite tasty!
Ingredients Required for Preparing Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (you can also substitute honey)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
Ingredients Required for Spring Rolls
- 250 grams A-Sha Dry Noodles
- 400 grams tofu
- 10 spring roll papers (you can use either white rice spring roll papers or brown
- rice spring roll papers)
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- Finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spread the foil on the baking sheet.
- Before you start baking tofu make sure that you remove liquid from it completely and then cut it into rectangular strips. Keep your tofu strips ½ inch wide to get a nice texture.
- Once you are done with cutting the tofu into rectangular strips, you then have to put them on the baking sheet. If you want your tofu strips to be soft, then keep your baking time under 20 minutes. However, if you want them to be more firm and crisp then bake them for 40 minutes. Once done, take them out from the oven and set aside.
- After that, you need to cook the rice noodles according to the instructions mentioned in the package. Once you are done with boiling the noodles, you should remove the water effectively from them by putting them in a strainer.
- In the meanwhile, you can chop carrots and cilantro and keep them aside.
- In order to make the sauce, you have to add all the ingredients such as soy sauce, lime juice, garlic sauce, chili sauce, tamarind concentrate and maple syrup in a pan and boil them over medium flames. Once the ingredients start boiling, reduce the heat and let them cook for around 5 minutes. After that, turn off the heat and keep the sauce aside.
- Then take a skillet and add baked tofu to it after heating it. Add a bit of soy sauce, chili and garlic sauce on the skillet and mix them effectively with tofu. If in case you have Pad Thai sauce, you can add a tablespoon of it in the skillet and then stir fry the whole for around 2 minutes. Once tofu is done keep it aside for some time.
- Next, cook the rice paper by dipping it into boiled water. Keep each rice paper into the water for around 50 seconds so that they get cooked effectively.
- Add ingredients like Pad Thai noodles, carrots, tofu, and cilantro on rice paper and then wrap your Pad Thai Spring Rolls and roll each Pad Thai Spring Rolls one by one.
Finally, you can serve the Pad Thai Spring Rolls to your guests with any spicy sauce such as chili sauce.